It is formed by the following research groups:
- Advanced Chemical Processes Group
- Separation and Detection Group
- Structured Materials for Catalytic Applications Group
- Nanochemistry Group
- Carbon Nanostructures and Nanotechnology (G-CNN)
The research activity carried out in the department focuses mainly on basic research in the fields of chemical technology, materials and nanotechnology.
The main research lines are as follows:Las líneas de investigación en las que está trabajando son:
– Corrosion and slagging
– Extraction and liquefaction of Coal and Petroleum residues.
– Development of fluorescent sensors and separation and detection techniques.
– Chemical catalysis based on carbon nanostructures.
– Carbon nanotubes and graphene: Synthesis, Functional Materials, Processing and Applications.